Re: neat site to put your grades on....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 09:45:27 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
 Danville, CA 94526
From: ARopple@aol.com
This site looks great for organizing many classes at once, and keeping
grades clear for students and parents. What do you all think about
security issues of having the names and student information of students
posted on someone else's server? Is there a security issue here, even if it
is password protected? I suppose kids could be known as "katie P 76"
(first-last initial-class#) but this might get confusing. Interested in
your thoughts on this...
Amy R. ---
Kimberly's response to my posting the address to this new grading website
made me stop and pause about security. Then I started thinking about all the
OTHER sites where information about you and me are "out there". Say....all
your banking information, medical information, buying habits, ramblings on
Artsednet....dang...even national security. Who's going to worry about grade
security when there's so many OTHER things to be paranoid about? Your idea
of using a code of sorts for names would be a solution. And, of course, the
principal should ALWAYS be in the loop and made aware.

With the knowledge we have at this juncture, I think this idea has merit.
Other thoughts, anyone? Toodles......Bunki

---