Simple Formula for ordering clay?

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 26 2002 - 03:43:12 PDT

I have a small community K-12 program to order art supplies for. The way my
schedule is set, I don't teach art to 7th and 10th grades. All total I have
about 170 elementary students, and 70 high school kids. Of those high
school kids, 20 of them will have ceramics for an entire quarter. We
basically have spent the past three years using up old clay in barrels and
what was boxed up on shelves.

I've ordered about 700 pounds of low-fire clay (reddish-brown), and about
300 pounds of a wheel throwing clay. There might be time for me to order
still more, but I'm wondering if some might help by offering a simple
formula. I imagine this has been discussed before, and I apologize up front
for missing it. Thanks...

Larry

---