Re: Visualization Exercises

---------

From: Sara Scheid (scheidsara_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 15:21:11 PDT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christine Colera
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2002 12:01 PM
  Subject: Visualization Exercises

  I am interested in encorporating visualization exercises into my daily classwork - I'm unsure how to approach it - I want to foster students ability to see in their mind's eye and I don't exactly know how to structure it and how to make it accountable. I've thought about using books on tape where they might depict a scene and have the students illustrate what they hear or having them work in partners to discribe something that the other student might know like what their room might look like. Do any of the teachers out their do this kind of exercise, or something like it. What do you do and do you have any suggestions? I've had an interest in fostering creativity so I've been reading books like "Sparks of Genius" and "The Brain Workout Book" If any of you also have any other book suggestions that deal with this subject let me know. Thanks so much.
  Tina in San Diego, CA