Re: Visualization Exercises

---------

From: Carolyn Keigley (Carolyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 14:12:14 PDT

Christine,
Linda Mood Bell has a well thought out and sequential program that they use in their clinics to teach people how to visualize. Their belief is that for those who can not comprehend what they are reading, they lack the ability to visualize. The program takes the student from visualing a simple picture to sentence to paragraph to page. The students learns to look for shapes, size, color, texture, perspective, mood, etc. I have taken a workshop from them and use these principles with my students. After learning the process, you could then adapt it for art education to fit your need.
Carolyn