Donald, what does your ISS look like?

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 04:58:19 PDT

My school has a tiny staff because we only have two classes at each grade
level. We don't have the budget for ISS, but we have some (this is my
principal's term) frequent fliers to the office. It seems the office is just
too entertaining a place to be. The current plan calls for sending students to
another teacher's classroom as a step before writing an office referral, but
this is not usually a great option for the classroom where the student gets
sent.
We are trying to figure out if it makes sense to establish a "Time-out" room
established as this intermediate discipline step, but it will have to be done
as 45 min to 1 hour blocks of different people's time, and we're looking for
input from other campuses. Who serves in ISS and how is it working?
susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---