Agatha Christie

---------

LMiller435_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 15:18:26 PDT

In a message dated 05/23/2002 11:35:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
aiheineman@prodigy.net writes:

> GladRabbit:
> i just finished reading Timeline by Michael Crichton...makes those middle
> ages come alive. Also, if you have not read Agathie Christie's
> autobiography,
> you must simply
> get it and read it. I read it several summers ago, and felt myself
> transported back into an era filled with charm and travel and all the
> experiences that go with it. She wrote it when she was about 85-90 years
> old, and it is worth every minute you spend in it.

when I was living in Mashad, Iran, her brother-in-law was the British consul.
 She and her husband , the archaeologist, Mallowan(sp), came to visit. We
were invited to the celebratory banquet. After heaping my plate with
incredible Persian food, I found myself sharing a window seat with her. A
large lady in black, with a gorgeous long strand of large pearls. After
realizing who she was and introductions over, we discussed recipes and
different cuisines of the world. Nice lady. I liked her and the evening flew
by. This was in the early sixties.

Leslie in Framingham

---