Re: Texas elementary teachers/remediation

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 13:36:23 PDT

Thanks Kimberly, for your reply. Who taught the kids pulled from PE? It
sounds to me like you did the remediation in the Fall during the day, and the
remediation in the Spring after school. Am I understanding this correctly? I
have looked at what we do in art, and you and I both know that the reading,
math, science, etc are incorporated, but my administration doesn't get that.
Did the art teacher who taught extended day teach reading and math
remediation? Thanks again, Kimberly, for your reply.
Betsy

Kimberly Herbert wrote:

> I've heard the term around school, but we don't do it exactly that way.
> This year students needing acceleration academy (Remediation) were
> pulled from PE once a week. The need for remediation was determined by
> TAAS practice test (short in the fall building up to full length

---