Re: artsednet digest: May 22, 2002

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 03:17:45 PDT

There are little pins that hold the coils in place. They may need to be
replaced, or the coils may need replacing. You could call your local
pottery supplier and ask for names of people who service kilns, or ask a
reputable electrician. There's probably websites that describe how to
replace and repair the coils yourself. Try your kiln brand name and see
what comes up. I tried www.skuttkilns.com and got some interesting
info.--not necessarily about coils, I got sidetracked. Good luck.

Judie

>I have two electric kilns that I use relatively hard throughout the
>year. They have both developed saggy coils that have come out of the
>groove of the firebrick. Any suggestions as far as repairing these
>kilns? Any other suggestions for kiln repairs and kiln maintenance?
>--
>Caryl Dahn
>7-12 Visual Art
>Lake Mills Community School