Re: A lesson learned

---------

From: Peggy Woolsey (eoolspeg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 15:52:55 PDT

Ken, I'm so sorry this happened, and I feel a bit burnt myself right now
from my AP students. They became very territorial about the space I
allotted them--they refused to work with other art twelve students who
were not in AP, and they are openly rude to me now that portfolios are
finished. I am seriously re-evaluating the program. I'm not sure it is
worth the effort.
        Also, after reading your post I'm glad I put my AP site up myself, even
tho I felt a little guilty about not getting the students to do it. And
now I have a student webmastering another site so I will watch this
carefully. Frankly, I'm finding relationships between students and
teachers growing thin these last three weeks of school. Wonderin how it
could be different and better. Exams, final projects, all the graduating
stuff is hitting hard against the wall.
        Your work is so outstanding and your site has been inspiring to me this
year. Thanks

---