Photoshop

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 16:31:40 PDT

> Having taught ceramics and painting for 30 years , there's something new on
> the horizon in September. Photoshop & Digital Photography for 6th & 7th
> graders!.
>
> One of the objectives is to create skills ready for them to create their
> page in the year book in the 8th grade. I'll also be team teaching with my
> upper school colleague and want to meld it into her curriculum . We're
> thinking in terms of Romare Beardon., David Hockneyetc. Has anyone any
> suggestions of other lessons / other artists that used photo/ collage as a
> tool.???

I just today, in the mail, received a book
   Creative Thinking in Photoshop... A New approach to Digital art
 Sharon Steuer
Isbn # 0-7357-1122-4

I haven't had a chance to look carefully yet, but seems to be the first book
I've come across that tries to integrate traditional technique with
electronic.
I'm not crazy about the imagery in the book, but the ideas seem to be very
original and maybe inspiring.
I purchased it simply by viewing the contents at Amazon.

Patty

---