RE: artsednet digest: May 22, 2002

---------

From: Ms. Davies (CDAVIES_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 11:48:36 PDT

Photoshop Class

Having taught ceramics and painting for 30 years , there's something new on
the horizon in September. Photoshop & Digital Photography for 6th & 7th
graders!.

  One of the objectives is to create skills ready for them to create their
page in the year book in the 8th grade. I'll also be team teaching with my
upper school colleague and want to meld it into her curriculum . We're
thinking in terms of Romare Beardon., David Hockneyetc. Has anyone any
suggestions of other lessons / other artists that used photo/ collage as a
tool.???

. There'll be 10-12 children for 40 minutes weekly. There's a budget for 6
digital cameras & some scanners, our Tech guy wants us to have a floppy disc
system ( like the Sony Mavica). Anyone know whats new out there in the
digital camera world. ???
 Also does anyone have recommendations for slide scanners ?? most of my
childrens ceramics are on Tungsten slides and they need to be used on our
web sites Help !!!...........

 As Always Thanks muchly for your help .
 Cynthia

---