conceptual in art competitions

---------

From: Amanda Linn (toasterart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 06:30:25 PDT

postmodern/conceptual works in art competitions...
when my students have submitted conceptual works to
art shows juried by art teachers (we have one state
show like this) they have not been chosen for
exhibition. For this particular show it seems the more
traditional works are chosen...beautifully rendered
works, "safer" subject matter, etc. At another juried
show we participate in, juried by college people and
practicing artists, the conceptual work fares much
better.

Amanda

=====