postmodern????

---------

From: wendy free (wendfree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 19:45:17 PDT

so i am wondering, how many participate in state art education conventions
by submitting artworks for the juried exhibit? how successful have
postmodern/conceptual submissions been in contrast with more traditional
ones? (i haven't yet been to national so i don't know if this applies -
hope to go soon!)

wendy

> So while art is everywhere, does not "belong" to a museum, and can be a
> doughnut on the floor I feel we should teach all sides. We must embrace
> alternatives but not throw the baby out with the bathwater (which might
> make an interesting installation/commentary on the state of what art is
> today...).

---