Re: We help; no...we are a detriment; no...we ARE collateral

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 19:30:59 PDT

In a message dated 05/22/2002 7:19:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
cwise@remc7.k12.mi.us writes:

> So while art is everywhere, does not "belong" to a museum, and can be a
> doughnut on the floor I feel we should teach all sides. We must embrace
> alternatives but not throw the baby out with the bathwater (which might
> make an interesting installation/commentary on the state of what art is
> today...).
>
> Christa

Well said and I believe that we all teach some of the modern approach, but in
our advanced classes where this can be a stepping stone to thier future. I
have some students doing some great free form things and expressing
themselves with reckless abandon but they are well schooled in the
fundementals of art . There by making art because of their knowledge fo
braking the rules as uposed to just doing it to be cool.

Ken Schwab

---