For Greg (was: art and music)

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 15:13:07 PDT

Don't take offense that you haven't gotten response. Some of us are just trying to survive - FORGET trying to further my professional development right now! (I would unsubscribe but it takes too much thought - I'll just continue to sift through all the e-mails). I have 3 art rooms to box up completely as they are re-modeling this summer. Since they are redoing every school, every classroom there is nowhere to put boxes, if there are any boxes to be found. We have to turn over our keys at noon Friday - we have students until 3:30 Thursday. There are finals to grade, a talent show, a field trip today, as well as paperwork to fill out for NEA (and don't forget the college graduation last Saturday, the high school ones on Sunday - there were 2, and my son's 8th grade promotion Monday). I will have one week off before my college classes begin. And I don't believe I am alone in the hectic end-of-year madness. There will be intelligent conversation again as everyone begins readying themselves for the next school year. :-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
  P.S.As I have made dozens of what I FEEL are helpful and timely suggestions and have never so much as received a single desired e-mail in return I am led to believe that my expertise in many fields of endeavor must be overlooked!I offered a graphics data bank and personal library on every subject known to human kind as a resource to any interested party!No interest has been forth coming:it's sad!i've shifted through 500 e-mails a week from artsednet of the most prefunctory and redundant nature and I long for a more interactive experience;without grown adults endlessly prattling about Barbie dolls and monosyllabic answers to unknown questions!Why does every posting have to be repeated 20 times in the same limited period? !