Re: Children's Art / Flusus Indians

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 06:57:11 PDT

See the Self Totem Pole http://www.fluxus.org/museum/body.htm, and share the idea of a full sized selfportrait with the students. They can create one of themselves, and incorporate stories on it as the Fluxus Indians have.
Another idea has to do with the conceptualism of contemporary art. Study the site http://www.fluxus.org/museum/ about the Fluxus Indians with the students, and wait until they discover the parody. Discuss the conceptualism of contemporary art. Have the class work together to create another tribe of people, with a "believable" history, then create artifacts that support the "history."
These are just a couple of ideas, and I think they'd probably be adaptable to grades 4-8. Any other ideas?
Mark
  Marc Feldman <marc@papaink.org> wrote: Mark, I read your note on the Fluxus Indian Museum. I would be very interested to hear about and see the art projects this may inspire in your students! Kind regards, Art=Life! Marc FeldmanExecutive Directorwww.papaink.org PapaInk, the International Children's Art Archive, is a non-profit organization dedicated to collecting and preserving children's art and reinjecting children's creative spirit into human discourse. Our archival work highlights the socially critical efforts of organizations and individuals who enable children's artistic undertakings. PapaInk's world historical archive of children's art brings together and professionally presents the children's art holdings of organizations such as the UN, SOS Children's Village and the Jewish Museum in Prague. Fueled by a largely volunteer staff of iCurators, PapaInk's archive is consists of a growing collection of historically significant children's art (e.g., from WWI, WWII, the !
Spanish Civil War, the Rwandan Civil War) as well as artwork from contemporary children around the world and the childhood works of professional artists. PapaInk provides an open archive and no-cost archival services to organizations and individuals all over the world, enabling the set-up and building out of permanent
galleries of children’s art. Curate!
http://www.papaink.org/gallery/home/icurate/email.html Subject: Fluxus Indian Museum
From: Mark Alexander <markcalexander@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 08:20:26 -0700 (PDT)