Re: the science of clay

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 04:36:13 PDT

    What we could use are 1. See through kiln fire bricks so we can see what
is going on in there. 2. A video by Penn and Teller on these topics. They
can make anything look fun and important to know and do. Perhaps your
students can draft a letter to the comic pair and suggest a new series on
ceramics.
    My students are fascinated with kiln "engineering." I have a special
group of students who help me load/unload the kiln and they bid on who gets
the bent cone as a souvenir. You'd think it was a precious stone.

         Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
            Art K-5 (6) for 35 years