the science of clay

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 03:01:53 PDT

Jane,
How do you make the technical and scientific information about clay ( what
it is, what happens to it in the kiln, what glaze is made of and what
happens to it in the kiln) interesting to your students? How do they
remember the information? Do you test them on it? I give my students this
information in a short lecture and they must take notes. Seems to me that
they aren't impressed and don't really care. I think it's important, but
they don't always share my sentiments. Perhaps I don't make it interesting
enough. Just wondered how others do it.
Thanks,
Marian

---