Re: Baking Architectural Dictionary

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 02:03:49 PDT

The Kindergarten clases in our K-12 school has a "Candyhouse Day" in
November, during Grandparents' Day visits. They set up tables in the
cafeteria and I think the Grandparents help the (100 or so ) students
decorate their houses for the Holidays.

I think they begin with milk cartons as the base then with cake icing add
graham crackers for the walls, and trim with other goodies--M & M's,
peppermint canes, jelly beans, gum balls, whatever, etc. Yummy!!!!!

Judie in Atlanta

>Sort of left of centre, BUT, an artist worked with my grade six kids once.
>He made a series of houses made out of (I think) Balsa wood (or something
>similar) - three dimensional - very plain. Made royal icing and got the
>kids to spread it on the houses and then put sweets (donated by a local
>supermarket) all over them. The children were really intent on the pattern
>work. It was wonderful! There was a showing of them en masse in a local
>gallery and then the children got to keep them. They lasted for years (as
>long as you kept them away from rodents and ants).
>
>Gina
>Melbourne

---