Re: AVID

---------

From: griswold (griswald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 19:23:33 PDT

Myriam,
We have had Avid for two years in our middle school, and it does take the
place of the one elective, or exploratory that our students take. It has
slightly impacted my yearbook class, but overall, I think the kids have
really benefitted from the program.
We have had a few issues with conflict with the GATE program, but since
gifted students aren't supposed to be included most of those have been
resolved....
Again, I think that for our underachieving population, AVID is a really eye
opener...the whole idea of college is there, and they visit campuses they
would never otherwise see. Our high school continues the program.
Charlotte
griswald@telis.org
rexfree_99@yahoo.com

---