Re: Lesson on "Artists paint their Feelings"

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 18:43:02 PDT

--- Jenna Freck <jennarations@attbi.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I will be presenting an art history lesson on
> artists painting/portraying
> feelings in a couple of days and will be discussing
> these paintings with
> third graders. The paintings range from Munch to
> Picasso (blue period),
> Bearden, and Homer. Do you have any ideas for a
> follow-up lesson and/or any
> thoughts on discussion items? I will be discussing
> color and emotion, but I
> guess I need help on the follow-up project part
> most. Thanks!!

I think at this point, some would say let them decide
on their own project. But since you asked for lessons
to follow-up, I thought I'd refer you to
http://www.albrightknox.org/ArtStart/lessonplans.html

One deals with abstract art, the other addresses color
symbolism in simple terms, but points out that it is
very subjective.

I think I also ran across a lesson recently that
involved creating 2 idetical drawings- maybe zerox or
trace one, but they should be identical. Then one
could be painted in warm colors, the other in cool
colors.

The expressive component may be more important though.
 Just thought I'd pass the ideas along.

Dawn