Lesson on "Artists paint their Feelings"

---------

From: Jenna Freck (jennarations_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 15:22:44 PDT

Hi everyone,

I will be presenting an art history lesson on artists painting/portraying
feelings in a couple of days and will be discussing these paintings with
third graders. The paintings range from Munch to Picasso (blue period),
Bearden, and Homer. Do you have any ideas for a follow-up lesson and/or any
thoughts on discussion items? I will be discussing color and emotion, but I
guess I need help on the follow-up project part most. Thanks!!

Also, thanks so much for all of the invaluable information and wisdom of
experience you have provided over this list. A friend of mine at LA County
Museum of Art referred me to this group. You have inspired me to graduate
from parent volunteer to aspiring elementary art teacher. This has been one
amazing year.

Cheers,
Jenna

---