end of year-pictionary

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 14:30:31 PDT

I teach k-5 and have done pictionary at the end of the year in various
formats. Using the dry erase board works best. I give the kids scraps of
paper to write down a favorite movie and tv show or book. They play boys
against girls after I put the boys papers in one box and the girls in
another. That way the girls draw what the boys have written and vice
versa. I let the team that isn't drawing be the clock watchers. Teams
that get too noisy lose points. This year one class of 1st graders
played using animals that I had written and put in the box. They loved
it. BTW we had our last day today!!!!! And my room is all
sorted,packed,etc..and I updated our web page for next year. Now for the
summer.....!! Check out the 5th graders' masks that just barely got
finished-one class was finishing up yesterday!
 http://www.anderson4.k12.sc.us/schools/les/art_fifth.htm
            Jeryl in SC

---