constructivism

---------

From: Christene Sandeson (c.sandeson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 12:15:29 PDT

Hi

back after another hiatus - hubby still quite sick and my big thing
is managing the household and preparing lessons for school .

Makes me feel inadequate to read through these posts on
constructivism. I agree that learning takes place within the
willing learner. However my art classes have a wide diversity of
student attitude/ability/experience and I'm getting a a little
cynical about the way students can take Art 12 (for example) without
having taken either Art 10 or 11. They are out of their league. These
are the ones who might prefer crayons, coloring books, and a little
caption that explains the picture. I know the written part of the
upcoming final exam (open book) will toast them - some don't even
keep their notes! I feel as though I am failing the better students
by not working the class at a higher level, but the population is too
diverse.

Larry your website is smashing!

christene in nova scotia

---