Re: making constructivism simple/ angry

---------

From: henry taylor (tortolitascom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 11:01:49 PDT

Hooray! and Amen! Diane,

Well said.

I had just sent this on to Esa off-list:

Maybe if I had my own school...
it wouldn't look much like a school.

It would look more like a micro-miniature
business and research park. A "hothouse" full
of short people:

There would be a large truck-farm like
garden selling eggs and veggies to the lunch room
and parents.

The lunch room would be run separately as a
restaurant.

There would be a arts & crafts cooperative and
gallery selling to the community at large and
providing in-house aesthetic support.

There would be a news/intelligence agency
providing information and analysis.

There would be and investment and financial
planning group playing with real money.

Maybe an "entertainment" performance group.
Depending on the size of the school

Grades, (k-12), would exist only in the computer.
The kids would submit updated resumes,
portfolios, letters of recommendation and
job applications each quarter to one of
the on-campus businesses.

Art is THE Master class. It penetrates everywhere.
Most of our principles of design are the basis of
philosophic discourse and ethics (original usage:
how to live life, not the determination of moral
right and wrong)

-henry

---