Baking Architectural Dictionary

---------

From: J+G Grant (jggrant_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 04:56:09 PDT

Sort of left of centre, BUT, an artist worked with my grade six kids once. He made a series of houses made out of (I think) Balsa wood (or something similar) - three dimensional - very plain. Made royal icing and got the kids to spread it on the houses and then put sweets (donated by a local supermarket) all over them. The children were really intent on the pattern work. It was wonderful! There was a showing of them en masse in a local gallery and then the children got to keep them. They lasted for years (as long as you kept them away from rodents and ants).

Gina
Melbourne

---