Re: end of year

---------

From: sbacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 21:24:24 PDT

Kelly,

I am doing cartoon drawing with my students. This is something special
that they don't always get to do and it keeps them very quiet...well,
almost, until they realize what character it is that they are drawing.
I do guided drawing with them and still can incorporate art terms like
sketch, symmetrical, different line names and directions, shapes, etc.
Today the kindergartners went nuts when they figured out they were
drawing Tweety Bird!

I also picked up a game on this list like musical chairs. You have the
children draw something on a paper (write their name) and then rotate
with music. They draw again continuing the theme of the picture or just
random thoughts. If you have a big class you could break it into table
rotation rather than the whole class. Each child has a different color
crayon or marker. At the end you can share with everyone, tell the
story of your picture. They get a hoot out of this. Sometimes it's
like Whisper Down the Lane.

Sandy

> Does anyone have end of year art games or activities that they would
> like to share?

---