RE: Didaction

---------

From: Jane Manner (jmanner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 15:42:16 PDT

From one Jane to another--Thank you!
The personal making and the facilitating of art making by others (teaching)
is what a brownie in the mouth on the way to the stomach is to a recipe on
an index card. Some folks like to talk recipes, but I prefer eating
brownies. One is pragmatically real while the other is t-h-e-o-r-y. Theory
is rhetoric. Doing is what counts. Theory fills books and fosters
conversation, doing gets visual art done.