end of the year project idea

---------

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jensando_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 06:37:11 PDT

For my 8th graders, I am having them create posters
ala Keith Haring style with words of wisdom to the
future 8th graders. I originally asked the kids did
they wish they knew certain things before they began
8th grade and of course, many said yes. SO... they are
creating "words of wisdom". They really are having
fun. I went to haringkids.com and downloaded some
examples of his unique characters to show the
students. Now, since this is the last project of the
year, I am letting the kids work in groups (the table
that they sit at is their group) and we will hang them
up when complete in the gym for Honor's Day on
Friday.
It's an easy project and has a good message.
Have a great week everybody!
jeannie in ga