Educ. studies

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 16:32:50 PDT

Hi, I was looking for the study" Learning in and Through the Arts" by
Robert Horowitz, Judith Burton and Hal Abeles(1999)- researchers at
Teachers College
Columbia Univ. I haven't been able to find it yet, but found an
interesting
site that carries the research, educational papers, etc that are being
done there.
http://www.tcrecord.org/
I chuckled when I saw that Harvard is calling for papers on "Popular
Culture in Education"- in light of the many posts lately. I say that
Henry, Teresa and others should contribute. I have learned alot from
the list lately- and loving it.
PS, if anyone finds that study, could you please pass it on to me? the
editor of our local paper is asking that people send in what they think
that the schools should be teaching and said something to the effect of
-< it could be something generic like reading, writing and math, or if
the schools should have a wonderful arts program>
My feeling of course is that they should have both, and more!.Thanks ,
Betsy

---