Re: constructivism

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 15:36:19 PDT

--- Diane Gregory <dianegregory@earthlink.net> wrote:
One of the most basic assumptions in constructivism is
that no one can actually teach anyone anything. Real
learning must occur from the inside-out
and it must profoundly and fundamentally change the
persons way of thinking, feeling and doing. Therefore,
the word constructivism.

I would agree with the second sentence but not the
first. Clearly by the examples that follow, the
teacher has a central role, not the old role but a new
one. The paradigm still has a teacher in it.