Re: painting plywood floors

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 14:59:24 PDT

Jayna Huffines wrote:

> Is it really sturdy enough not to put down a real
> floor?? We are going to finish our attic for
> studio/office space, and if painting directly on the
> plywood floor would save us some money, I may do it.
> But its a bit creaky up there- it seems like we would
> have to lay some other floor on top. Would it
> adversely effect the resale value of my house? We are
> hoping to shoot the value up quite a bit by finishing
> the attic. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Jayna,

I've seen some very attractive floors of plywood in the home magazines.
You may not be aware that you can buy plywood with furniture-grade
veneers of quality woods. They were butted closely together like
hardwood floor tiles (so you wouldn't need filler between the seams).
As far as resale value, you may need to have the plans and/or work
inspected by the city.

Maggie

---