Re: Painting plywood floors

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 21:13:06 PDT

I've been reading about painting plywood floors as I am considering doing this
in my new bedroom once it gets built. Everything I read says use a good
quality porch and floor paint, such as Behr. It has polyurethane in it. I
think comes in boring colors though. Someone suggested to buy a gallon of
urethane hardwood floor finish and 4 empty quart sized paint cans, then divide
the urethane floor finish into the 4 quart cans and have each quart tinted a
different color in the paint tinting machine. That way, the paint you use will
have the same durability as a hardwood floor finish (since it is hardwood floor
finish), but uses colors not typically available in floor paints. I'm sure you
have to putty the seams and use a floor sander to prep the plywood.
susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---