RE: Re: myths about artists/was "movies"

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 06:45:22 PDT

Ahhh - the kernel of truth.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patricia Knott [mailto:pknott@enter.net]

I prefer to think of the notion of artist as visionary and driven.

I can't stop the images and connections that come into my head -- it
seems almost every minute of the day ---and when I tune out to pay
attention to my visions -- it may be perceived as irresponsible or
even lazy. But my head is always whirling with images.

I'm thinking about my kids. ... They are driven to make their final
show.
And this week they are cutting classes staying late BEING DRIVEN and
perhaps irresponsible to school code. I am so pleasured by watching the
"driveness" that I can hardly punish them for skipping classes. I'm
seeing such a need from these kids to make an impression.

Patty