Re: End of the Year Projects

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 03:14:15 PDT

I was given some scrap stained glass by a glass artist, and I bought some
glass fusing supplies from a local pottery supplier, and my high school
students are experimenting with fusing glass projects like small frames,
small bowls, pins, earrings, etc. You have to be sure the glass has the
same melting point, so some experimenting is in order. In my kiln the
pieces seem to fuse and work best at cone 17. The students were very
excited about this and many of them are making all sorts of gifts for
friends--graduation, mother's day, themselves, etc.

Hope this helps.

Judie