RE: Re: myths about artists/was "movies"

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 20:56:46 PDT

Henry writes
> It would probably be fair to generalize that certain types of artist are more
> prone to eccentricity.
> Artists probably do have something of a deserved reputation for sensuality and
> unreliability.

I prefer to think of the notion of artist as visionary and driven.

I can't stop the images and connections that come into my head -- it seems
almost every minute of the day ---and when I tune out to pay attention to my
visions -- it may be perceived as irresponsible or even lazy. But my head
is always whirling with images.

The researchers have yet to understand the creative process. Maybe that is
why we toy with so many "isms."

I'm thinking about my kids. Tomorrow is the set up for our art show. My
seniors are required to have a "wall" - a culmination of all their efforts.
They are driven to make their final show.
And this week they are cutting classes staying late BEING DRIVEN and
perhaps irresponsible to school code. I am so pleasured by watching the
"driveness" that I can hardly punish them for skipping classes. I'm seeing
such a need from these kids to make an impression.

Something I don't see being addressed by all the theories.

Patty

---