Re: help!!! round weaving

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 17:29:46 PDT

Hi Susan, It
sounds like they are pulling their weft too tightly. It is the same thing that
makes the rectangular weavings, 'Choke'. When this happens, I tell them to
think of it as a bowl, or I have had some make a bean bag by filling and sewing
up the end. Small ones could be like a hackey sack ( had a student do that as
well.) I have hade some sew beads or add feathers and keep it as non
functional and just sculptural.
Look to the positive.
Betsy