Re: hawaii ideas

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 16:28:15 PDT

How about a still-life painting with tropical fruit. Have them paint on
large paper (24x36") and only allow 1 day to paint. Next day they use oil
pastels to embellish and add details and patterns. I think the patterns from
a pineapple could make fascinating paintings for this level. Suns or fish
would work well as subject matter for collage. Sand castles created by
drawing castles and then adding real sand (good inclusion of architecture).
Self-portraits drawn with the student wearing a hat and sunglasses. These
are just off the top of my head, and while not necessarily "Hawaiian", they
have the tropical/beach idea. Research Hawaiian artists and create an
artwork in their style. I'm sure a study of the idols would be an
interesting topic if researched and presented properly.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> hello my name is bill and I am doing my junior field experience, im am
> wondering if anyone has ideas for hawaiian art for 5th graders, they're
not
> supposed to wear anything so that cancels a lot of ideas(hula skirts).
well