Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

From: wendy free (wendfree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 14:04:56 PDT

i personally would be miserable without opportunities to have this type of
discussion about art education. this list provides the only chance i have
to participate in such discussions. thinking about teaching art in this way
keeps feeds my passion to teach - to teach better. i appreciate the ideas
and interactions regarding the theories of art education TREMENDOUSLY!!!
i'd like to share a few resources and hopefully not sound like a broken
record by restating the discrepancy in my students' level of readiness
concerning building knowledge and my interest in them doing so. the
foundation for building just isn't there yet with my kids. lots of them
aren't sure of color relationships (pri/sec!) or how to consistently produce
accuate representational images. so i feel like i have a lot of catching up
to do, and i get bored with all of our "exercise-y" projects and frustrated
with the lack of participation in injecting some self expression into their
work, which i try to demonstrate in my examples. i am extremely interested
in finding a way to catch my hs students up on basic art production skills
and simultaneously get them to get personal with their work --- to
operationalize the idea of constructivism in my situation.

article: The Practice Implications of Constructivism

article: "The entire shape of education is about to change as we shift,
slowly, from Objectivism to Constructivism..."

Dr. Alice Christie's Constructivism Page

wendy free