Re: DBAE Literature

---------

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 09:51:21 PDT

check out elliott eisner

>>> dawnstien@yahoo.com 05/15/02 12:05AM >>>

--- Joe Cox <bjcoxteachart@msn.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Just wondering if anyone knows of some good and
> practical books on Discipline Based Art Education.
> I want to take my program in that direction and
> would like to get some resources to read this
> summer. If you have any suggestions I would
> appreciate it.
> Blessings,
> Joe

Learning in and through Art (1998)by Stephen Mark
Dobbs is a Guide to DBAE and is a pretty good
overview.
(it also outlines guidelines for effective teachers -
an issue that popped up here recently...)

Brent Wilson's Quiet Evolution: Changing the Face of
Arts Education (1997) goes into different perspectives
within the field. An executive summary of this is
available for free from the Getty.

Both books are Getty publications.

I will be reading both of them over the next couple of
weeks - if you have questions about either feel free
to ask.

Dawn in Houston