Re: throwin' pots....

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 21:52:39 PDT

I agree. I am a ceramics teacher and to this day, after three years of
teaching ceramics, I cannot throw a pot like some of my advanced students. I
know all the techniques involved and will demonstrate to the best of my
ability to the class...but, I can't really, really throw a pot. I can, on
the other hand, make fantastic sculptures, with the slab and coil method.
Wayne S