job's almost done...thanks for all the help

---------

From: Trish Gorman (TrishGorman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 17:02:14 PDT

Dear all-
I see the school year is ending for many people. Altho I go to mid June, I want to write while you're all around.
When I started this one art class in September, I had no background in or knowledge about teaching art. I was filling a gap no one else would. There was no real curriculum, no supplies, not even a class room. But there were fourteen 8th graders.
You came to my rescue with ideas, lesson plans, web pages, and support. Everything I did came from you in one form or another. You gave these kids a great art year.
Before you all sign off for the summer, I want to tell you how wonderful you and this listserve are. I've seen other listserves where someone edits it down, or you can only ask questions to the group, not get public answers to peruse. One lets people block your address if someone doesn't like you.
You are one of the most creative, generous--and funny--collection of people I've had the good fortune to interact with.
Thank you all, it's been a great year!
Much love--and good wishes--
Trish
(PS--write if you come to north-western, western Massachusetts!)

---