RE: Painting unit in high school

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 04:38:41 PDT

--
I start every year with time spent searching and collecting images,
words,
objects, etc. that are important to the individual. Those collections
are
kept in boxes and sketchbooks and used as resources for almost all
projects
we use. And constant additions are encouraged. Some days we just forage.
How do you direct this activity?  Details?  My experience is that the
direction of the students gets diffused, then lost, even as I continue
to draw them back to the collecting process.

---