Re: choosing work for show

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 05:36:38 PDT

Somewhere, somehow, someway, every students work should be
put on display. I don't mean every project, I mean set an objective
of getting some piece of work up by each student at least once.
We are trying to build confidence and pride in sensitive young
people, not injure or hurt them. I do not mean that anything they
do is good, but it may be their best. They may develop the skills
and taste later in life and our sensitivity will help them get there.
It is difficult. Some students make it even harder to accomplish.
With my 6th graders, I do a "fail safe" project and tell them that
they all will be displayed. I make it a class project to get them
display ready (ie: color backing, name tag, etc.). With all classes
it is a good idea to keep a running record of who has had work
on display and how often. I often make up name tags for the
entire class and if I have not used the name tag that tells me I
have not put a display up for that student yet.
                                                        Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com