Re: How long did it take?

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 10:22:41 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Tajd0291@aol.com

     "For those that are new teachers, say 5 years or less on the job, how
long did it take you to get a job?"

    I graduated in December, worked at Duncan Donuts where I served an
administrator from a nearby school coffee every morning. I told him I had
an art education degree, he told me when there was an opening. I had a job
by September! You never know when your opportunity will arise, always
network. I also had other interviews because I sent resumes to be put on
file everywhere within a two hour drive of my home, over 50 districts. My
first teaching position opened up an opportunity in my current district, and
I became tenured/full time within three years. I've been teaching for ten
years, though (not 5 or less as you stated in your question).

Leah

---