Re: Teaching Left-Handed Calligraphy

---------

From: marcy bogdanich (marcy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 17:03:59 PDT

I am left-handed and was fortunate enough to take a course in calligraphy from a left-handed teacher. You need to buy lefty speedball C nibs. Instead of turning the paper I was taught keep the paper straight and to sit over to the far right of the paper. This prevents smearing ink. It took some training to keep my hand moving straight across the paper (below the printing line) and not write with my hand "around the tree trunk". Hope this is understandable.