Re: Easy one day project needed.

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 16:17:05 PDT

Hi Irene,

   String art, using whatever threads or floss are available, can be a fun
and easy project. I do it with fifth graders and they are always amazed at
the geometric patterns they can create. The designs can be simple or
complex. If you don't have poster board available, the heavyweight shirt
box/cereal box cardboard would work, too. Try to have a good supply of
embroidery needles on hand. They are easier for the kids to thread. By the
way, I have found that sticking the needles in an inverted styrofoam tray
is a great way to keep them organized.

           Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
               Ann Irene Heineman

I have been asked by my co-workers to come up with a one day art project
that would be "fun" for these students and keep them busy for approximately
the first four periods of one day. The activity would have to be one that
the teachers would understand how to do and would require a minimum of mess
and supplies. The students will be working in a regular classroom.

Any suggestions?

---