Re: art budget

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 13:14:31 PDT

When I was teaching in Africa, I had a $20,000 art
supply budget for 550 students. It was cut year 3 to
$12,000. Before I left, we agreed $25/year per student
was a good figure to set.

In most places in Europe where I live now is $5-10/per
student. I agree, it is disgraceful. In Seattle, there
was an ad campaign to give up one cup of coffee (i.e.
Starbucks) for the homeless. Why not this concept for
the arts?
Teresa