Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Masters

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 10:51:56 PDT

what a pain the graduate programs in rural maryland you
have to drive quite awhile for art or settle for something else...i just
want it over with!!!! the only reason i'm doing it is so i don't get
fired:) i am looking, however, into an online program which would allow
me to take classes online!

>>> 05/14/02 01:30PM >>>
I started the MA because it fulfilled credential requirements, which
important to finding a ft job teaching hs art. It seemed like every
job I
applied for had dozens of more qualified applicants. Instead of going
something in fine art, I found a program in ed tech that let me fill in
classes as electives. I figured the computer experience would make me
more marketable- and that proved true.

I never considered teaching college, but that's what I ended up doing.
more time and money I poured into the degree, the more I realized that
needed to get the best return possible on the investment.

Geoff Black