Re: How long did it take?

---------

From: Laura Carey (carey_l_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 06:41:09 PDT

> Good Morning!

I ended up moving closer to my hometown after striking out in the job
market where I was living. Then it took me probably 2 years to find my
current job. During that time I subbed and actually ended up teaching a
special ed pre-school for 6 months. Big change from what I was used to!
I have been paying my dues in my dstrict for 5 years now...waiting for
our HS teacher to retire. In my 5 years at this job, I have seen only 3
openings in the surrounding area. All elementary or in the middle of the
year! There is a current opening in another district around here, which
actually pays more, but the chance to get to HS is slim to none! So I
will stay here at least for 2 more years, as we will be in our new
buildings by then.
Good luck!

---